Wednesday 7 April 2010

Benin1897.com: Art and the Restitution Question by Artist, Peju Layiwola

Featuring a colloquium and a Travelling Art Exhibition by Peju Layiwola
Date: 8 April-30 May, 2010
Time: 2pm
Colloquium starts at 2.00pm, Exhibition opens at 5pm on the 8th of April
Venue: Main Auditorium Gallery, University of Lagos, Nigeria.

The artist-scholar, Peju Layiwola, a Lecturer in the Department of Creative Arts, University of Lagos will be showing her recent works in a solo exhibition entitled Benin1897.com: Art and the Restitution Question at the Main Auditorium gallery of the University of Lagos, Nigeria. The exhibition will be declared open by HRH, Prince Edun Akenzua, the Enogie of Obazuwa. This exhibition comes up to mark the 50th year anniversary of Nigeria.

Make it a date.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi
I'm currently on holiday in Lagos and was a frequent visitor/buyer at Maiyegun Art Market, I'm heartbroken to read on your blog that is was demolished in 2007.
I just can't understand why they simply could not be relocated. I was wondering if you knew if they were relocated, as I drove for hours yesterday searching for it, thinking I had lost my mind.
any help would be appreciated
Lyndah

7 April 2010 at 09:06  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home