Friday 30 April 2010

The inaugural ICI touring curatorial conversation series gets rolling

I am really pleased and privileged to have been invited as the first touring curator for Independent Curators International. This new programme hinges on the premise that in addition to circulating objects (exhibitions) there is a need to also add the circulation of ideas and experiences through the works and presentations of curators from a diversity of backgrounds and contexts. On my part it is a welcome initiative which provides the opportunity after a long hiatus (nearly almost 15yrs since my last visit to the USA) to engage with the art community in the US, build networks and explore possibilities for future collaborations.

After what seemed like an interminable journey (17hrs) I arrived at JFK with my flu in full bloom. Yes nature's punishment for nonstop work and non stop travel. The next day I nonetheless jumped into another plane with ICI director Kate Fowle Chicago bound.

I will try and keep the blog updated with the American trip.

1 Comments:

Blogger OluOdun Aliu said...

This is an intersting development but I think continual links through artist's e-mails and phone nos should be updated. I have tell you as much as I know Bisi Silver, this is the 1st time I am coming to see this page through google search. However your efforts is highly appreciated by the kiriative world.....OluOdun Aliu- CEO HomeArts Inc- Artistructual Kiretivitist- odunways@yahoo.com, 08037790656 and 08068020628.

15 May 2010 at 10:06  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home