Wednesday 14 July 2010

A critique of Okwui Enwezor's curatorial regime by Sylvester Ogbechie

The Curator as Culture Broker (A Critique of the Curatorial Regime of Okwui Enwezor in the Discourse of Contemporary African Art).

I presented this essay recently at the University of California Santa Cruz, at a conference titled The Task of the Curator. The general audience reception to my presentation showed me that the issue discussed here is being very much debated in the field of African art history. However, few people have written about it. I think formal critical analysis of our work and positions are very important for a field to grow. I am posting this in the hope that it allows us to start discussing the important issues it touches on.

Read the full text on Aachronym

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home