Thursday 21 December 2006

Welcome to artspeakafrica. This is my personal blog to share experiences about returning to live in Nigeria after 30 years of studying, living and working in Europe. I share my experiences of settling into my country and culture of origin, living in Lagos, a megacity of approximately 15 million people. But most of all musings about the visual art scene and culture in Nigeria and other African countries that I visit. Watch this space for reports on my current art research trip to the Republic of Benin and Togo.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Edge Studio said...

oh this is great Bisi, now it gets more interactive and interesting, first class art news all the time. cool, way to go!

22 December 2006 at 16:13  
Blogger Loris said...

Hi Bisi:

I just came across your blog. Great job. I am a Jamaican living in New York and the producer of an Art Fair called Art Off the Main: African, Caribbean & Latin American Art Fair. After spending 25 years in New York selling Caribbean & African art, I was frustrated by the lack of appreciation for contemporary art from these regions. Art Off the Main is the first and to date the only art fair in the U.S. that spotlights African art. Most Americans when they think of African art , they see only the masks and wood carvings , totally oblivious to the fact that African contemporaries are creating a fascinating body of work that is at least equal in quality and vision as their western counterparts. We would love to have more cutting edge African art at Art Off the Main, so I am sending out the word to all you artists out there to check out our site www.artoffthemain.com and to help us transform it into the finest African-descendant owned art fair. I need your support.

31 May 2008 at 02:12  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home